Saturday 10 October 2015

The Blog Chorus

Ok so not sure how this blogging thing works but will give it a go and see how I get on.

My name is Keith and I have a head full of ideas that are driving me insane. If you get that reference then you too are a Bob Dylan enthusiast :)

I'm a life enthusiast first and foremost. Not a thrill seeker but an occasional thrill finder. I didn't know just how much I love living until the beginning of this year and now I am so happy in life that it really must be annoying for some people but that's their problem not mine. I've enough issues to contend with but that's what life is all about; taking on a challenge and doing your best to get the result you want. I've faced a few challenges in the past, not sure how often I've come out on top but this latest one is going to be around for the foreseeable future so I'll take a deep breath, suck in my stomach, stick my chest out and get on with it.

To cut to the chase I've had the first attack of what will very likely lead to me being diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. At 31 living in Ireland I tick a lot of boxes for those who suffer with MS. Luckily for me, I'm absolutely fine now and feel as good as I have in years if not better. But for months from November last year to March of this year I was permanently dizzy and my vision suffered as it took me a while to focus on anything. This lead to balance issues causing me to struggle walking by myself and preventing me from driving and cycling. I was out of work for months.

On a positive note my recovery has been simple really. Keeping active and eating right are so important. As well as getting the sunshine as much as possible (which isn't always easy living in Ireland). Thirty minutes exercise per day goes a long way (rhyme not intended). This is stuff I always knew but never put into practice until I was left with no choice. Anyway that's just the background and if I keep up this blogging lark I will go more into detail regarding my progress, symptoms and just random things that come to mind. I imagine I will use this blog as some sort of diary.

KB

No comments:

Post a Comment