Saturday 17 October 2015

The second dumbing

Right - i'll go again. In college doing my last year of a 4 year course. Concentrations not really my strong point. Two projects due in next month and trying to make a start on them now and here i am writing this nonsense.

I got a phone call from the MS Society last night which was really good. The more I explained my condition the more confident and determined in myself I felt. I even subconsciously referred to myself as a Mohammed Ali of MS. Which I know is ridiculously ridiculous but I just feel if I'm backed into a corner with this I'm going to come out fighting twice as hard.

The guy who rang me works for the HSE and was really impressed with my attitude. Having said that we both agreed at how lucky I am. It's strange to say that you're lucky when you have to change your whole lifestyle and inject yourself 3 times a week or even have your fiancée inject you when the needle has to go in places you can't reach yourself. But I am lucky, I've always been lucky. It's how you capitalise on that luck that will make the difference. I know that I have caught this very early. I also know that there are people who haven't been so lucky. I have seen first hand what primary progressive MS is and that just adds to my own motivation to look after myself.

So far I have just been told I had a clinically isolated incident although the MRI & lumbar puncture as well as other factors all point towards MS. The more we spoke the more I realised I have been on a journey for nearly a year now. A journey that I will be on for the rest of my life. Each step so far has involved a different person pointing me in the right direction to where I am now; my doctor, neurology nurse, nutritionist & most recently the nurse who showed me how to do the injections. All positive experiences, all inspiring people. I hope to be able to have a similar affect on people some day.

Right that's me done; it's Saturday and I've procrastinated enough.

KB

No comments:

Post a Comment